I practice as an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist: Integrative counselling/psychotherapy, as I understand it, is:
- a therapeutic approach which integrates and works with various therapeutic techniques and modes of understanding according to client need;
- a holistic way of working that engages all of who the client is: their emotions, thoughts, behaviours,relational patterns, their social field, cultural background, past history, present context, future aspirations etc.
- a therapeutic approach that attempts to facilitate wholeness and integration within people, relationships, families and communities, integrating the varying, often conflicted, parts into a greater unity;
My work is influenced by the following therapeutic approaches:
- Relational psychotherapy.
- Emotion focused/process experiential work
- Contemporary Gestalt Therapy.
- Trauma work.
- Somatic/embodied approaches.
- Mindfulness and acceptance based practices and inquiry.
- Transpersonal contexts.
I integrate the above approaches into my work with individuals according to their needs and interests.